You’ve received an invitation to provide feedback on a project on BugHerd. Now what do you do? Let's take a look at what you need to know to get started with BugHerd.
BugHerd is an easy way for you to give feedback on a website. You just click on the web page to leave feedback as you’re viewing the site. Take 2 minutes to watch the video below. We'll look at what BugHerd is and how to get started.
How do I get started?
- Open the email invite and click Give feedback. A Welcome to BugHerd window appears.
- You need to set up an account to use BugHerd. This is so the person who requested your feedback knows that the feedback is from you and can manage the feedback you send. Enter your name and a password, then click Accept Invitation.
- You may be directed to install a browser extension.a) Browser extensions are available for Chrome, Firefox and Edge. Click the highlighted browser icon and follow the instructions to install it.
After you've installed the extension, your BugHerd project will open.
b) If you don't need to install the extension, your BugHerd project will open directly.
- Click Give Feedback in the project to go to the website and start giving feedback.
How to give feedback
BugHerd is designed so you can give feedback on a webpage while you're looking at it.
To give feedback:
- On the BugHerd sidebar, click the green plus (+) button.
- Click on the website where you want to leave feedback. A new task box appears.
- Type your feedback in the box and click Create Task. Your feedback is saved and a pin appears on the webpage.
- If you want to edit your feedback, click the pin where you left feedback. The details of the task slide out from the sidebar.
- To view all the feedback you’ve given, click My Tasks in the sidebar. A complete list of feedback you’ve created appears.