Link BugHerd to Jira, then choose when and how your tasks in BugHerd are sent to JIRA.
This video walks you through how to set up your Jira integration.
Link BugHerd to Jira
- Click Integrations in the Left-hand side of your project task board. The Integrations window appears.
- Select the integration you want to enable by clicking Connect next to the name.
- Click Connect to connect the BugHerd project to a project in Jira. The Authorize app window appears.
- Click Accept to connect BugHerd to Jira. You will now see the options on the Configuration tab.
Link BugHerd to your Jira Project and epic
- To start sending BugHerd Tasks to Jira, you need to select which Jira project you want to send tasks to. Under Jira Project, select the project.
- You can also group all your tasks under a particular Jira Epic. Select the Project and Epic under Assign Jira Epic.
Selecting your project and Epic (if you choose to) enables you to send tasks manually to Jira, directly from the task details in BugHerd.
Select Add to Jira to create a new issue in Jira, or select Link existing issue to add it as a subtask on an existing Jira issue.
Now, let's look at how to how to set up your integration to automatically send tasks to Jira and update them as needed.
Automate sending tasks and updates to Jira
Choose to send tasks to Jira automatically, and enable Jira issues to be updated with changes made to BugHerd tasks.
a) Select this option to automatically send tasks to Jira. This will send all tasks from BugHerd to Jira, including tasks in the feedback tab (guest feedback).Alternatively, you can choose to send tasks only when they are moved to a specific column in BugHerd (such as To Do)
b) Select Create comments in Jira to send comments to Jira when they're added to a BugHerd task.
c) Select Sync comments to send comments created in Jira back to BugHerd.
d) Select Update BugHerd status when completed in Jira to update the status of BugHerd tasks to done.