If you're a Safari user, the BugHerd browser extension is a must-have. Installing the extension means BugHerd will automatically add screenshots to any bug you create, regardless of the plan you're on.
The Safari extension works on Mac OS version 10.15+ and Safari version 14+.
Install the safari extension
Installing the Safari extension couldn't be simpler.
- Go to the App Store and find BugHerd. (Or click the install link in the Install BugHerd window.)
- Click Get under the BugHerd Website Feedback Tool title.
- Click Install. The Sign in pop up appears.
- Click Get. You may need to sign in to continue the install.
- Click Open under the BugHerd Website Feedback Tool heading. A BugHerd Extension window opens.
- Click Quit and Open Safari Extension Preferences... The window closes and Safari opens.
Note: If the window doesn't close, you can simply open Safari to continue.
- If the Extensions preferences window doesn't open automatically, go to the Safari menu and select Preferences.
- In the preferences window, click on Extensions. The Extensions preference tab opens.
- You should see the BugHerd Extension listed. If it is not ticked, tick it to enable it.
- Click on Privacy. The Privacy preference tab opens.
- Make sure the options Prevent cross-site tracking and Block all cookies are not ticked. Untick them if necessary.
- Return to the Safari browser. You should now see the BugHerd extension in the top bar.
- You're now set up. Login at bugherd.com to access your projects. If you'd like a quick introduction to getting started with BugHerd, watch this video.
Having trouble seeing the sidebar?
Extension gets stuck showing red dot
You may also notice some red dots above the BugHerd extension. These show when the sidebar is loading but they can get stuck when you have Safari's Cross-site Tracking Prevention enabled.
To resolve this, follow these steps...
1. Open your Safari Preferences (Safari > Preferences), click on "Privacy" and un-check "Prevent cross-site tracking" option (see below).
2. Refresh your browser, and the BugHerd sidebar should appear in the bottom right of the webpage.
If you are still having issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: It may take a few moments to load the BugHerd sidebar to your site. You may need to wait for 5-10 seconds before the sidebar appears. If it still doesn't show, try refreshing the page or closing & re-opening Safari.