To install BugHerd in Google Tag Manager you need:
- A working Google Tag Manager container.
- An active BugHerd account and project, and
- Open BugHerd and go to your Task Board.
- Click on Project Settings and select Install BugHerd.
The Install BugHerd window appears.
You'll need this code for Step 6 of the installation instructions below.
To install BugHerd in Google Tag Manager
- Log in to Google Tag Manager.
- From your container workspace, select Add a new tag.
- In the slide out window, name the tag BugHerd.
- Click Tag Configuration.
- From the Tag types, select Custom HTML.
- You need to add a trigger, so click the Triggering box.
- To add a new trigger, click the (+) button in the top right corner.
- Select Page View from the list of triggers.
- Choose All Page Views so BugHerd appears on all pages of your website. (recommended)
You can choose to only show BugHerd on some pages by selecting Some Page Views.
- Save the trigger. To add the trigger to your tag, click Add.
- The trigger is added to your Tag as below.
- Save your tag. In your workspace, you can see the tag and trigger listed.
- Click Submit to publish your changes. You can now view BugHerd on your website.
If BugHerd does not appear, you may need to do a hard refresh.