The Feedback URL is the root URL of the website you’re gathering feedback on using BugHerd.
BugHerd supports most standard URLs, and can handle URLs containing pathnames, spaces and some ascii characters. For example, here’s some common URLs structures we see:
Why does the Feedback URL matter?
The BugHerd browser extension uses the Feedback URL to detect whether the BugHerd sidebar should be shown on a page you’re viewing. In short, when you, your team, or guests are viewing a webpage that matches the Feedback URL of a BugHerd project they have access to, the sidebar will appear.
What if my project has multiple URLs?
No problem. We know sometimes you may have more than 1 URL that you’re capturing feedback on. Commonly this might be for the development, staging and production versions of your website.
To accommodate this, you can add the additional URLs to the Hostnames field in your project settings (as shown below).
Having trouble getting BugHerd to appear on your site?
There can be a few reasons for this, but it’s worth first making sure your URL doesn’t include any of the following…
- Query strings - BugHerd can’t support URLs that contain question marks (?), commas (,) or equals signs (=).
- Wildcards (*) e.g. https://bugherd.com.au/organisations/* are not supported
- Variations on a pathname e.g. if your project URL is set to https://bugherd.com/path1 then any variations on this won’t be recognised as separate, e.g. https://bugherd.com/path123 or https://bugherd.com/path1tea
- Non-Ascii characters, including
- .भारत (used for websites in India)
- .网络 (the .NET equivalent in China)
- .קום (the .COM equivalent in Hebrew)
- .இந்தியா (Tamil)
Alternatively, if you’d prefer to talk to someone, feel free to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re always happy to help. :)