Giving feedback on websites is easy. There’s two ways for you to give feedback with BugHerd.
- Standard feedback
This type of feedback is pinned to an element on the webpage and includes a screenshot.
- Video feedback.
This feedback lets you record interactions on your screen and audio.
How to give standard feedback
BugHerd is designed so you can give feedback on a web page while you're looking at it.
This video talks you through how to give feedback.
- On the BugHerd sidebar, click the green plus (+) button.
- Click on the website where you want to leave feedback. A new task box appears.
- Type your feedback in the box and click Create Task. Your feedback is saved and a pin appears on the webpage.
- If you want to edit your feedback, click the pin where you left feedback. The details of the task slide out from the sidebar.
- To view all the feedback you’ve given, click All Tasks in the sidebar. A complete list of feedback you’ve created appears.
It's as easy at that!
If you're setting up your first project, you need to give feedback or report a bug to continue through the setting up process.
How to give video feedback
Watch this video to learn more about creating video feedback.
- On the BugHerd sidebar, click the blue video button.
- Click to allow microphone permissions for audio recording.
- Click to accept screen recording. If you don’t accept screen sharing or screen recording, you won’t be able to use the video feedback feature.
- Select whether you want to record your screen, a window or a specific tab of the browser.
- Select which screen you want to record. BugHerd enables you to record interactions on your screen. Note that you can’t move to a different page without stopping the recording.
BugHerd also gives you a one-minute countdown timer to help you stay concise.
- When you’re finished, click Stop Recording.
- The Create Task window appears, confirming the screen recording has been captured successfully.
- Add any additional information you want in the Task Details.
- Click Create Task. Your feedback is saved.